FREQUENTLY ASK QUESTIONS
What does the Intelli-G name stand for?
It stands for Intelligent Gimbals, no matter if they are handheld or mounted on a crane, aerial platform or spaceship :).
We have a big list of ideas on how to make gimbals intelligent and we intend to share those ideas with you as we develop the product.
What does Intelli-G do?
For now, Intelli-G enables you to regain full control of your camera while the camera is mounted on a gimbal or on any type of rig. We all love how gimbals have helped us take shots that were otherwise impossible but, we all hate how hard it became to control basic and yet vital camera functions such as exposure.
Intelli-G enables you to “get back in touch with your camera”.
- It enables you to control your camera functions by the use of standard input controls that can be mounted on the handles of your gimbal/rig/crane.
- It enables you to control your camera functions remotely by the use of standard Remote Control systems.
How is Intelli-G different from any similar devices?
- Intelli-G is designed to support almost any camera brands. Most of existing devices are limited to specific brands or models.
- Intelli-G is a smart and upgradeable device which makes it future proof. Existing devices have limited features which cannot be changed in any way.
- Intelli-G offers control over all camera functions made available by the camera manufacturer. Most of existing devices only give you access to shutter control and maybe one or two more functions.
Who do you think should buy Intelli-G?
Everyone who uses any type of camera rig and who finds it hard or impossible to access camera functions while mounted on the respective rig.
Which camera functions will Intelli-G allow me to control?
The list functions depends on the camera model and connectivity method used.
If we take Panasonic GH4 as an example, Intelli-G allows you to wirelessly control the following functions: iris/aperture, shutter speed, ISO, focus, zoom (with PZ lenses), white balance, rec start/stop, shutter, creative styles, recording format and even lets you switch between normal frame rate and variable frame rate (slow motion).
How many camera functions will Intelli-G allow me to control?
Any number of functions supported by the camera. We know it sounds unreal but it’s true. With just a simple joystick you can take full control over your camera.
Which types of input devices are supported by Intelli-G?
Intelli-G will support the following input devices:
- Analogic/Digital joysticks, pads, buttons;
- RC transmitters/receivers (Futaba, Spektrum, FrSky, Graupner …);
- DJI Lightbridge (1 and 2), Amimon Connex and other similar devices;
- LANC camera controllers
Basically you will be able to connect almost any type of device to your Intelli-G either by wire or wireless.
By which means will Intelli-G connect to the camera?
Intelli-G currently supports the following camera remote control protocols:
In future releases we plan to add support for some or all of the following camera remote control protocols:
- USB (OTG)
- Simple wire
Which WiFi cameras are/will be supported?
Intelli-G currently supports:
- Panasonic cameras (GH4, GX8, G7 …), see full list here:
- Sony alpha cameras (a6000, A7S, A7R, A7SII, A7RII …), see full list here:
- Sony FS7
An Intelli-G firmware add-on for supporting Sony FS7 will be available for purchase and install as a separate upgrade on top of current set of supported cameras.
- Sony FS5
- Canon cameras with built in WiFi
- Red cameras with built in WiFi
- ARRI cameras with built in WiFi
- any relevant camera that has WiFi remote control capabilities
Which LANC cameras are/will be supported?
Intelli-G currently supports:
- Blackmagic cameras
- Sony FS7
- Canon cameras with LANC capabilities
- Other professional cameras with extended LANC capabilities
Because LANC is a quite simple and standard protocol, Intelli-G automatically supports other LANC cameras as well. It will only be a matter of testing different camera models in order to expand the list of supported cameras.
We will grow our list of LANC supported cameras based on the user demands.
In the future, should we expect Intelli-G to support other cameras?
You should expect Intelli-G to support any relevant prosumer/professional camera models.
Which is the maximum range at which Intelli-G will work?
Intelli-G is meant to always stay in the proximity of the camera; even when you are flying the camera Intelli-G will fly with it. This is why we made Intelli-G compatible with all types of RC systems. You can connect Intelli-G to any modern RC receiver and thus control your camera from several kilometers away.
How easy is it to configure Intelli-G?
The configuration is done using a mobile application. The main idea is to never have to connect the device to a PC. Please take a look at the screenshots on our homepage to see how the application looks.
The mobile application is compatible with Android and iOS operating systems and we intend to also add support for other mobile operating systems (like Windows and Ubuntu) depending on the user feedback.
How future proof is Intelli-G?
The hardware platform of Intelli-G uses 32-bit ARM processor, capable of delivering all the processing power it needs. The input and output (GPIO) capabilities will enable us to connect any type of device we need including USB (OTG) and CAN-BUS devices.
The firmware is upgradeable through the Intelli-G mobile application.
Which input types are/will be supported by Intelli-G?
Intelli-G currently supports the following input types:
In the next versions of Intelli-G we intend to also add support for the following input types:
How many input channels are/will be supported by Intelli-G?
The maximum number of independent input channels supported by Intelli-G depends on the type of input:
- Analog - 4 channels / 4 individual inputs
- PWM - 4 channels / 4 individual inputs
- PPM - 12 channels / 1 input
- SBUS - 16 channels / 1 input
- SBUS2 - 32 channels / 1 input (will become available in future firmware releases)
- LANC - not applicable / 1 input (will become available in future firmware releases)